Location: Cleveland, OH
Description: Pioneer Athletics seeks a full-time Corporate Controller
Seeking a seasoned Corporate Controller for our headquarters located on Industrial Parkway, near West 150th and Puritas Avenues. This position is responsible for directing all accounting functions and internal controls. He or she will maintain the company’s fiscal records and financial infrastructure. Our Corporate Controller will provide financial information on all company activities to assist management and shareholders in making educated decisions for the company's future. He or she will also make recommendations to develop process improvements to make accounting functions more efficient.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years progressively responsible accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years senior level management experience
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, including Microsoft Management Report Writer for Dynamics
- Must be proficient in Excel and QuickBooks
- Experienced in preparing presentations and presenting to executive team and board of directors
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner
- Ethical conduct
- Able to effectively communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Able to complete assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong analytical, math, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Possess a degree of creativity and motivation
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting department including, but not limited to accounting reports such as monthly close, financial statement preparation, internal controls and processing transactions (payables, sales commissions, expense reporting)
- Oversee the activities of accounts receivable to ensure accurate and timely management of all aging accounts including billings, cash receipts application, and daily banking
- Monitor systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data collection
- Report on the financial implications of business contracts and activities
- Ensure complete and accurate financial information is available to management
- Monitor compliance of all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Mentor and provide leadership to direct reports; build relationships to foster collaboration inside and outside the accounting team
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the annual audit and relationship with auditors
- Ensure external filings with other regulatory agencies are compliant and timely
- Participate in the company’s strategic financial business plan and budget
- Partner with Human Resources to manage the company’s compensation programs
- Oversee IT regarding systems implementation, adoption and continuous improvement across business applications to maximize efficiencies throughout the entire organization
- Identify, implement, and drive improvements
- Participate in a variety of special projects
- Paid time off
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Health insurance
- HRA & FSA
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Represents a great opportunity for the right, take-charge person who thrives on responsibility
- Qualified candidates must pass background check and substance abuse tests
- **Pay expectations should be provided when applying
Pioneer Athletics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religious, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
Date Posted: 2019-8-8
Field Sales Representative – St. Louis, Missouri
Location: St. Louis, MO
Description: Pioneer Athletics seeks a full-time field sales representative for our St. Louis territory.
- Must have lived in the St. Louis, Missouri area for at least one year.
If you like sales and you live in the St. Louis, Missouri area, this could be what you’ve dreamed about.
Pioneer Athletics is the national leader of athletic field marking paint and field equipment. As we continue to grow, we bring on new Field Sales Reps. to share in our success story. We will invest all the time, money and training needed for the right candidate to fit into this HIGH-PROFILE POSITION.
Job skills and responsibilities:
- Have resided in the St. Louis, Missouri area for at least one year
- Have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record
- Pass a substance abuse test, credit and criminal background tests
- Be willing to travel locally every day to visit customers
- Travel overnight at least one night per month
- Have at least one year of experience in outside sales
- Have experience developing and maintaining new accounts in the St. Louis, Missouri area
Benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Pioneer Continues to Grow...
Pioneer® Manufacturing Company, Inc. is the nation's leading developer and manufacturer of athletic field marking paint and striping equipment.
Founded in 1905, and located in Cleveland, Ohio our line-up of high-quality paints, antimicrobial coatings, striping machines, field stencils and athletic maintenance equipment is utilized by over 22,000 professional, collegiate, high school and recreational organizations throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
At Pioneer, we know our success would not be possible without the dedicated men and women who have joined our Team. We believe that investing in our employees by providing them with competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and continual training, all within a pleasant work environment, has contributed to our over 100 years of achievement and success.
Our Team Members are a vital and dynamic force in our business, and you can share in the success and become a part of Team Pioneer!
Description of Positions
Field Sales Department
Field Sales Representatives are responsible for the sales activity between the customer, possible prospects and existing customers in their assigned territories. The Field Representative is responsible for carrying out the policies and objectives of Pioneer, as well as, the specific profit objectives assigned by management. EOE
Inside Sales Department
This highly visible position responds to our customers' needs over the telephone. Acceptable telephone performance is required for success in this position. Qualified candidates who are friendly, sales oriented, and energetic individuals will be rewarded with commissions and incentives over and above their base salary. A comprehensive benefit package is offered which includes health, life, dental insurance and a retirement plan in which the Company contributes. Please include your resume and salary history when applying. EOE
Order Processing/Administrative Support
This position receives and processes incoming orders for industrial and athletics merchandise for our customer base located throughout the America, Europe and Asia. Duties also include processing and verifying customers' orders all the way through shipping directives. This is a career in a fun and busy organization which also includes extending administrative support to our national sales team. A comprehensive benefit package is offered which includes health, life, dental insurance and a retirement plan in which the Company contributes. Please include your resume and salary history when applying. EOE
This position requires telephone interaction with existing and potential customers providing responses to inquires about our products and services. Duties also include generating new product interest and cross-selling with current and potential customers. Mostly inbound calls from our customers who are NFL team personnel, athletic field personnel and school coaches to name a few. The right candidate must possess a high level of phone skills, enjoy talking on the phone to the public and possess an interest in the world of sports. This position offers a base wage plus earned commissions and incentives. A comprehensive benefit package is also offered which includes health, life, dental insurance and a retirement plan in which the Company contributes. Please include your resume and salary history when applying. EOE
This position sources athletic goods, services and equipment for Pioneer. Expediting, reviewing vendor and inventory reports, working with vendors on pricing, lead times, freight terms and maintaining standardized business inventory levels are some of the main duties. This is an entry-level position, however some buying experience is required. Interested candidates should submit their expression of interest along with their salary history. The right candidate must be energetic, numbers-oriented and organized. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health, life, dental insurance and a retirement plan in which the Company contributes. Please include your resume and salary history when applying. EOE
Positions in the Marketing Communications department execute both internal and external communication duties for the company. Employees in this department ensure that the company’s messaging is clearly communicated to multiple stakeholder groups through various strategies, such as: advertising, graphic design, web development, social media, public relations, and more. Qualified candidates have a background in mass communications, journalism, English, graphic arts, web development, or video production. A comprehensive benefit package is offered which includes health, life, dental insurance and a retirement plan in which the Company contributes. Please include your resume and salary history when applying. EOE