Strategic Staffing Solutions
Abby McNeal with Denver Parks and Rec joined Meg in Savannah to discuss some of her strategic staffing solutions for the 2022 season. With a 60% retention rate among employees, Abby shares the strategies she utilizes to not only attract new hires, but keep them coming back year after year.
Here's what you'll hear in this week's Groundskeeper Chat:
- The positive power of emPOWERment with crew members.
- The importance of finding the right fit for each employee in order to retain new hires.
- Strategies for nontraditional shifts to help with work/life balance.
- Branding the job and crew as apart of the community.
- Lastly, unique pools of eligible employees to dip into.
A little bit more about our guest:
Abby McNeal is no stranger to our Groundskeeper Chat series, as this chat will be her third appearance! Abby's expertise and willingness to share what's worked for her is what keeps us asking her to come back time and time again. Abby leads the Denver Parks and Rec crew, a crew that touches over 200 fields throughout the city of Denver.
Watch Abby's other chats:
You can also listen to the conversation on:Tweet
- Natural Turf (14)
- Synthetic Turf (9)
- Synthetic Turf Maintenance (4)
- Baseball/Softball Maintenance (7)
- From the Lab (1)
- Health and Safety (2)
- Turf Tips (24)
- Facility Maintenance (1)
- Inside Pioneer Athletics (6)
- Pioneers in the Field 2020 (6)
- Career Insights (4)
- Industry News (4)
- STEM Activities for Kids (6)
- Groundskeeper Chats (48)
- Pioneers in the Field 2021 (7)
- Fast 5 Questions (8)
- Pioneers in the Field 2022 (7)