Things To Do at STMA 2020
Conferences can be difficult to navigate. A full roster of classes, exhibition booths, networking opportunities and seminars can pull you in several directions. If you don’t have a plan in place you may feel yourself wasting time trying to figure out what’s next?
If you’re attending the 31st annual national STMA conference next week in West Palm Beach, Florida you’re in luck. We’re breaking down a schedule of must dos to ensure your week is filled to the brim with the best of STMA.
Sunday, Jan. 12th
- Volunteer Field Rebuild. If you arrived to town early don’t miss the chance to rebuild a field in need with fellow STMA volunteers. This event is always a great chance to give back but also connect with others who will be attending, presenting or hosting different events throughout the week. All transportation, products and materials will be provided by STMA and Project Evergreen.
Monday, Jan. 13th
Whether you’re looking to hit the links, the alley or the classroom, Monday is jam packed with the best of it all.
- Seminar on Wheels. The early bird (7 a.m. start) at STMA has the chance to tour three stadiums while learning along the way.
- SAFE Golf Fundraiser. Play on the recently renovated Jack Nicklaus course while raising money for SAFE grants, scholarships, research and educational outreach. The course is open for play from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- SAFE Bowling Event. After spending the day in the Florida sun, take shelter at the Verdes Tropicana bowling alley for an evening SAFE fundraiser. Come with a team or join peers as an individual at the alley between 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Offsite Education. STMA is taking the classroom offsite and outdoors during the first day of the conference with educational demonstrations at FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, 1:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- National College Football Championship. Take the team to a nearby restaurant or meetup with fellow attendees to watch the big game, starting at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 14th
- Explore West Palm Beach. After a morning of courses utilize the lunch break to get out and see some of the host city. Travel ten minutes to the nearest beach or visit the free manatee lagoon for a chance to see some wildlife.
- Welcome Reception. The welcome reception is another great networking opportunity STMA hosts for all attendees. Join old friends or make new ones from 7:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 15th
- Keynote and Lunch. Attend STMA’s annual meeting and keynote session at 11 a.m. This year’s keynote is Rodney Smith, Jr. Smith is the founder of Raising Men Lawn Care Service and the 50-Yard Challenge and has set out to provide free lawn care to those in need.
- Exhibition Floor. The STMA exhibition floor opens at 1:30 p.m. This is a great opportunity to see the latest in technology and products from the sports turf industry. Be sure to visit us at booth #201 and don’t miss us introducing our 2020 class of Pioneers in the Field at 4:00 p.m.!
- Pioneer Athletics Customer Appreciation Night. Join us for a night of networking and fun at Copper Blues in West Palm Beach for our annual customer appreciation night.
Thursday, Jan. 16th
- Seminar on Wheels. Missed Monday’s seminar? No problem. Join other sports turf managers on a multi-stop tour of Dean Chevrolet Stadium and FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, 1:15 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Lights, Camera, Smile. STMA is offering free professional headshots from 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Whether you need the photos for future resumes or want to spruce up your facility newsletter, take advantage of this free professional service.
- Awards Reception & Banquet. Celebrate the STMA’s award winners with a night of acknowledgement and networking. STMA requests attendees to support coat and tie attire, 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Take a look at next week’s complete schedule here. We’re excited to connect with you all in Florida, see you soon!