FIFA World Cup Panel Discussion
With the United States set to host the FIFA World Cup in 2026, we dive into the research, preparation and excitement that this team of professors and sports turf professionals already have the ball rolling on. Drew Miller moderates this FIFA World Cup Panel Discussion in another special edition Groundskeeper Chat X TigerTurfTalk collaboration episode.
Here's what you'll hear in this week's Groundskeeper Chat:
- The challenge of creating consistent playing conditions in stadiums across the United States
- The ongoing research and preparation for the 2026 World Cup
- Full circle opportunity to give grad students the opportunity to play a role in the World Cup
- What factors people may not consider when thinking of planning for the World Cup
- Lastly, what each gentleman is hoping the legacy of their work with the World Cup with do for the sports turf industry and groundskeepers to come
A little bit more about our guest:
Dr. John Sorochan is a distinguished professor at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Trey Rodgers is a esteemed professor at Michigan State University. Lastly, Jose Aldrete is the sub director of operations for Akron Stadium and Sports Companies.