Best Business Practices in a Sports Turf World
Brian Hall is the Facilities and Maintenance Director of Sylvania Recreation District in Sylvania, Ohio. In a single year his department will prepare the fields and grounds to host over 350,000 people for soccer, baseball, softball and so on. Brian joins us to talk about how he plans, budgets and tracks everything in order to be successful year after year.
Here's what you'll hear in this week's Groundskeeper Chat:
- Brian's turf origin story, with deep Ohio roots.
- Everything Brian tracks from fuel to trash bags
- How to secure yourself a seat at the table
- Combatting misconceptions and managing expectations
- Lastly, Brian, Meg and Weston's "Weather Report"!
A little bit more about our guest:
Brian Hall has been with Sylvania Rec department for 24 years and served on the Ohio STMA board for 15 years. He is a member of the Ohio Turfgrass Foundation, proud father and avid sportsman. Brian has deep roots in our industry and is a proud veteran hoping to pass on his love for the gig to the next generation.